But how many times have you been asked to take care of your eyesight?
Hardly, if at all. We tend to take having a good vision for granted. And that’s a horrible mistake!
Like your muscle or your body weight, you need to take a good care of your eye sight. Don’t be alarmed. There some easy ways you can follow in order to maintain healthy vision. Below are some steps on how to keep eyes healthy and sharp.
1. Regular Work Out
Usually, the reason why people choose to exercise is either to lose weight or become fit, sometimes both.
However, regular work out does not just help you remain healthy, it also helps you have great eye sight.
While we work out, blood flow improves throughout our body. It leads to better oxygen levels to our eyes. At the same time, regular work out also ensures removal of toxic materials from our body, keeping our organs healthy.
So does that mean you have to start having a gym membership?
You can start with simple walking outside, letting fresh air inside your lungs. But if you are someone who loathes working out, well, it’s time to make a change.Start working out on a regular basis. This is how you can keep eyes healthy for a long time.So does that mean you have to start having a gym membership?
When we talk about exercise, it is usually accompanied with eating a balanced diet. The reason is pretty obvious.
It does not matter how much exercise you do if you cannot control what you eat.
That’s right. Food is an extremely important part to keep your health function properly.
So if you are wondering how to keep eyes healthy with food, here is your answer.
Below are the list of foods which are very powerful for your eyes:
- Fish: Fishes that offer high level of omega-3 are great choice for good eye sight. Eg. Tuna, Salmon, Trout etc.
- Nuts and Legumes: If you are a vegetarian, and eating fishes is not an option for you, then you can try eating nuts. Nuts usually offer high amount of omega-3 fatty acids. It also offers protection from age-related damage. Eg. Walnuts, Brazil nuts etc.
- Seeds: Chia seeds, Flax seeds and Hemp seeds have omega 3 required for your eyes.
- Citrus Fruits: Vitamins are an important ingredient for our body to remain healthy. Vitamin C among other vitamins is capable of fighting diseases related to old age. The best fruits that offer vitamin C are lemons, oranges and grapefruits.
- Leafy Green Vegetables: Along with the fruits mentioned above, there are certain green vegetable that offer rich amount of vitamin C. Eg. Spinach, Kale, Collards.
- Carrots: It’s not just Vitamin C that does wonders for eye health. Vitamin A also plays an important role when it comes to keep our eyes healthy.
- Eggs: If you are looking for one food with rich amount of Vitamin E as well as Vitamin C, then all you need is an egg. Tasty and easily available, an egg is also a great source for Lutein and Zeaxanthin. Both of these components are widely known for their properties to fight sight loss problems which are generally associated with age.
3. No Smoking
If you are a smoker, quit ASAP!! Smoking not only destroys your lungs, but also injures your eyes by exposing it to oxidative stress. If you are not a smoker, try to avoid being around smokes produced by a smoker.
4. Computers, Mobile Phones and Other Devices
High Energy Blue Light from electronic devices are practically ruining your eye health!
Sadly, in this age of technology, it is almost impossible to try to stay away from any device with screens on it.
So what can you do?
Well, here are certain ways you can follow to reduce the adverse effects on your eyes.
- Place the screen of your computer slightly below the level of your eyes.
- Instead of staring for a long time, try blinking frequently.
- Make sure the lighting of the screen is not too much.
- Enjoy a break every 20 minutes, and focus on something else.
- Make sure there is proper lighting when you are using the device.
- Modify your glasses or contacts according the exposure to the screen of the device
5. Protection from the Sun
Just like the blue light from the screen of an electronics device, the Ultraviolet (UV) Light from the Sun can also damage your vision.
Now you cannot stop going outside. So how to keep eyes healthy in this case?
Well, the answer is pretty simple.
Start wearing your favorite sunglasses. Make sure to pick the one that gives you protection against both UVA and UVB.
It is even better if you wear a hat with the sunglasses. Make sure you get a hat with a brim.
6. Drink Enough Water
Every living being requires water to stay alive. When we don’t drink enough eater, it leads to dehydration.
But how exactly is that related to our eyes?
Dehydration is one of the reasons that cause dry eyes. When your eyes are dry, your vision significantly deteriorates.
7. Sound Sleep
That’s right. Sleep is an important time for our body to recover and rejuvenate yourself after being exhausted throughout the day.
Getting a sound sleep keeps your eye sight as well as rest of your body in a good shape.
It is recommended that you go to sleep early and at the same time every day.
Along with following the aforementioned methods, it is advised to have your eyes tested on a regular basis. This is a very important precaution you can take to prevent your eyes from getting severely damaged.
If you have any suggestions or questions regarding how to keep eyes healthy, let us know in the comment section.
source : Natural beauty tips for face
source : natural-beauty-tips
- 6 Tips on How to Lose Lower Belly Fat Female
- 9 Effective Tips For How to Cleanse Your Body
- Use of Baking Soda For Face – Get Clear & Glowing Skin
- Why You Should Go For Cryotherapy Facial